Tuesday, September 1, 2009

RI Scrapbook--The Eide's



Who knew the day that I walked into Liz's office and broke down into tears would be the turning point of my RI experience. From there, Nicholas and I started regularly attending St. James Lutheran Church. I started attended book club in the mornings with a group of moms. I joined the Youth Committee. I started organizing church-wide events for families with young children. Nicholas and I found our counterparts in Nick and Liz. We found our first surrogate RI family.

It didn't take very long for Liz and I to become friends. Seriously, April Fools' Day birthday buddies have to stick together! Since we were both married to artists, it was only fitting that we would all become friends.
It took a surprising amount of time for the four of us to actually go out together, though. We had decided to go out to celebrate Liz and my birthday. Our April birthday celebration didn't happen until June due to intense scheduling conflicts.
By Fall, I was spending lots of time at the Eide's without Nicholas because he was busy in school. That didn't stop mini-Nick and mini-Liz from asking where my Nick was every time I walked in the door. It's funny how, in the absence of close family, you find surrogate families!
Mini-Liz made this picture for Nicholas as a graduation present.
This the last day that Nicholas spent with mini-Nick and mini-Liz. They had a movie watching party while the movers at their house packed up all their stuff. I had picked them up in the morning, and they were more than glad to leave because they were afraid they were going to get packed into a box!
It's a little hard to tell who the children in this picture are. :)
We will miss seeing the Eide's 4 or 5 times a week, just walking into their house whenever we wanted, having a never ending supply of cute-kid stories, playing Settlers with the original crew, and living a mile from my BFF. We look forward to visiting them in Minnesota, in their new house, and keeping in touch over Skype!

No comments:

Post a Comment