Monday, September 14, 2009

Road Tripping--Day 7


Thursday, September 3rd
We had lunch with Frank at school. We drove up to the University of South Carolina to have lunch new campus. We saw the outside of the Longstreet Theater where he and his fellow technical theater folk at building a set for an upcoming play. The we got to see Frank's studio workspace and met his fellow grad students.
We ate lunch and bid farewell to Frank. Ga-Sarah (Nicholas' name for our borrowed GPS) took us through parts of Columbia we would not have seen otherwise. Then off to Athens, GA, my birthplace.
We got to my beloved Athens, where I spent my summers growing up with my grandparents. We had ice cream at Hodgson's Pharmacy. $1/scoop! Nicholas chose the milkshake. Then we drove by my grandparent's old house before finding a room for the night. We had dinner at Peking. One of the owner's sister or wife used to babysit me. They bring out hot tea at the beginning of the meal. We had sizzling rice soup which Nicholas had never had. It was a fabulous dinner.
Aunt Sharon and Aunt Judy met us in Athens for the evening to celebrate Aunt Sharon's birthday the next day.
States driven through: South Carolina, Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment