Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Seaford, Delaware

My mommy was born in Seaford, Delaware, and lived there until she was a freshman in high school. My grandmother also grew up there as well as my mom's older siblings. I haven't visited since I was a wee tot and wanted to show Nicholas some of my roots. Seaford is home to around 7000 people today.
This is the church my family grew up going to: St. John's United Methodist
This was the middle school that my Aunt Sharon and mom went to. It was the high school when my grandmother graduated as Salutatorian.
This was the house my mom grew up in. She says it used to be royal blue. My grandparents had it built.
This is part of the Seaford Veteran's Memorial. I used to enjoy reading my grandmother's yearbook. There weren't very many boys that graduated with her because of WWII.
This is the flag of Delaware at the Veteran's Memorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment