Thursday, April 8, 2010

Top Ten Thursday

You will be seeing quite a few food related Top Ten Thursday posts in the near future.

This Week: Ten foods I eat on a regular basis and you will usually find in my kitchen.

10. Cottage Cheese and grapes. Sounds gross, I know. That's what I thought when I read it in a food plan menu several years ago. I eat a lot of cottage cheese for the protein and the calcium. I also love grapes, and they add a nice sweetness to this snack you will usually find me munching on in the afternoon.

9. Bananas. I must be addicted to potassium because I just cannot get enough bananas! I am, however, a banana snob. If they are too ripe, I won't touch them with a ten foot pole! Then I just stick them in the freezer for banana bread.

8. Salsa/Tortillas. You have to have something to eat with salsa, right? Nicholas disapproves me drinking salsa with a straw. I like salsa on many things--eggs, sweet potatoes, quesadillas...Tortillas are a staple of the Austin diet, especially with eggs.

7. Apples with nut butter. My favorite combo is granny smith apples with almond butter. Yummy fruit and protein. I eat it as breakfast sometimes and as a snack.

6. Almonds. My go-to protein fix. Gotta love 'em.

5. Salad. I try to eat a salad everyday for lunch. That's why I have about 6 bottles of opened salad dressing in the fridge!

4. Avocado. It's funny that I have really only been eating avocados for about two years. However, in the past two years, I have eaten enough avocados to make up for all those years I was blind to the green goodness!

3. Eggs. Yum. Perfect energy to start the morning and keep you going strong 'till lunch. Try them in a tortilla with salsa!

2. Tex-Mex. I don't know what it is about Tex-Mex that is just so darn good! (maybe the flour tortillas?) We eat it far too much, but I really just can't get enough.

1. Sweet Potatoes. They should start a support group for my sweet potato addiction. I like them as fries, mashed, and just like a baked potato. I like them with spices, avocados, and salsa! As much as I eat them, I should be full up with my beta-carotine intake!

No comments:

Post a Comment