Thursday, April 8, 2010

Dearest Camara

On this the Eve of the Eve of your wedding, I offer a few reflections. Can you believe that we met 8 years ago? Who knew that the quiet girl I met in the parking lot on the way to some "gathering" and doubted I would ever see again would become one of the most special people in my life.
We bonded by being the minority amongst the boys, but we have remained friends for different reasons. There were very few girls that mingled with our group that I cared to maintain a relationship with, and I feel blessed to have found you. I looked forward to your weekend stays in Austin and the many stays with you in Huntsville and in Crockett. Remember my first trip to Crockett in the pouring rain when I couldn't find your country road, and my car had a flat tire (umm...and no cell phone reception)? Your dad took my tire to be fixed the next morning before we even woke up!
What about the numerous gatherings at the hardwood floor apartment? The time everyone was sunburned from the game that day? The nametag party--Cam's #1 Fan, Undercover Cop, Truck, Spanky, Bjorn were a few of the names sported that evening.
You know I originally chose my cell phone plan so we could talk for free with mobile to mobile minutes? Was I your first apartment roommate? How did we live without living room furniture for so long? I miss that balcony! I missed spending time with you when I was in Rhode Island.
8 years of togetherness produces lots of memories! Here are a few to think about and smile: Apt. 206 "gatherings," floating on the river, St. Patrick's Day in Chicago, shopping in Palestine, being carded for R rated movies in Crockett, Basketball weekends in College Station, Enchanted Rock, meeting in Caldwell, lots and lots of birthday parties, moving into our apartment, and monologue emails.
We have been through a lot together. There have been lots of happy times and a few heartaches. Graduations, weddings, nieces/nephews, and everything in between. I know Saturday will be an exciting, sad, and overwhelming day. I am so happy to be a part of it and look forward to all the memories we will share for MANY years to come. It is wonderful that you have found Keith, with whom you want to share the next chapter of your life. I wish you both strength, forgiveness, and happiness.
I love your smile, your accent, our history, your strength, your family, and our friendship. I love you, Miss Bradshaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment