Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What's New Around Our House--Part II

I have been working on the upstairs hallway for quite some time. I got tired of look at the flat paint and dirty walls, so Nicholas and I went in search of a paint color. I was thinking that a honey color would be nice and mesh well with our downstairs colors. The color we ended up getting was less "honey" and more yellow school bus. We had decided to also paint the ceiling, and all the yellow was incredibly overwhelming.
So we went to Plan B--I give you "Mint Shake." I have finally transitioned my obsession with mint to the walls of my house! It took about a gallon and a half of paint to cover the entire hallway and ceiling (over 1 gallon of school bus yellow). I am very pleased with the results.


Of course, having nice bright beautiful new paint only amplified the dingy trim and doors, so I have been working away on painting all the trim WHITE.

Here is a good example of the difference between the old trim color and the new.


1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I really like that painting you have hanging in the hallway. Did you buy it or did someone (e.g. Nicholas) paint it for you?

    ReplyDelete