Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers in my life...you are so numerous!

Today is for my mom. You have been the only constant in my life, and we have a special bond that no one will ever understand or break. Thank you for always being there for me. You have done so much for me that you never had to without reciprocation, and because of that, I am who I am today.

Here is a poem I wrote for my mom before my wedding. I love you, Mom!

Thank you for the Wings

Thank you for the wings I use to fly each day
The knowledge that guides me on my way
  Thank you for your joy and mother's love
  The guiding spirits from above
Thank you for the life size dollhouse, the games and books
The beautiful hair, the big feet, and all the looks
  Thank you for the trips, together and apart
  The wonderful memories locked within my heart
Thank you for the lessons not to give up and always try
The empathy of a shared cry
  Thank you for the opportunities of a better life
  The desire to be a loving, devoted wife
Thank you for the efforts to stay in touch
The dearest ones I love so much
  Thank you for always pushing and believing in me
  The choice of who I want to be
Thank you for the food, the clothes, and your sacrifice
The unwanted and wanted advice
  Thank you for the stubbornness, strong will, and sturdy hips
  The words that now impart my lips
Thank you for life and everything
The feather of a broken wing
  Thank you for this day before I wed
  The months, years, and moments that lay ahead
The wings you gave me have brought me this far
Tomorrow they will carry me as I publicly profess a shared lifetime to my soul mate
We'll laugh, we'll dance, we'll drink, and we'll drive off in our getaway car
Husband and wife thanking God for all our blessings and wonderful memories each year to celebrate
  Thank you for the wings I use to fly
  The wings that took me to an amazing guy

No comments:

Post a Comment