Tuesday, May 4, 2010

On the Road...Am I always On the Road?

Surprisingly, it has been over a month since I went to Dallas to spend time with the family. Somewhere in between that time was my birthday, Easter, a wedding, and girl's trip to Chicago...and did anyone else notice that my birthday month is over?!?! (Thanks to N. for an end of month birthday lunch!) I digress. SOooooo I headed up to Dallas this past weekend for some niece/sisterly love. I was happy to get to spend a lot of time with my littlest sister, Kendall. She had some free bowling passes so we went bowling with the Reynolds family. This is what Mini-J was doing when Aunt Kendall and I arrived.
She was so excited to see me that she almost gave up her chance to drive! There was a little Dance Dance Revolution....
And I played some air hockey with Mini-J!
When she played with her daddy, she had the perfect strategy. "Don't hit it, Daddy! Only I hit it!"
Then we headed to the lanes. It would have been a lot more fun if there wasn't a huge group of kids next to us that were dancing by the ball return the entire time we were playing. On a side note, I could have gone forever without learning what the "Skanky Leg" was...and if you don't know, don't ask (and certainly don't ask a 7 year old to demonstrate it for you!). I was very happy to get a cute picture with mini-J, but she wasn't so cooperative with Aunt Kendall.
BUT...the kid has a lot of spunk!
I spent all day Saturday taking care of Baby A...some serious quality Aunt Dana time. What a cutie (and a mobile one)!
We played for awhile, took a morning nap, and then went to wake up Aunt Kendall.
Aunt Kendall HATES baby drool with a passion. See the pool of drool forming while Baby A is sitting on Aunt Kendall's bed?
I shared my Chicago treasures with Aunt Kendall (and Baby A is most certainly interested!).
Kendall used to do this when she was a baby, give kisses through the mesh of the playpen. That probably equals a lot of baby drool!
And there was nap time!
Baby A was REALLY excited to eat some peas.
And I thought this would be a great blackmail picture when she is 16 or so...
We took a bath in the sink, but I think we need to get some toys so Baby A is less interested in eating the soapy rag!
Baby A really likes all of Aunt Dana's jewelry, especially if is jingles and she can somehow get it in her mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment