Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Happy 1st Day of Spring!

Early last week, I was joking with the hubby that it looked like Fall in our front yard because Texas Live Oaks drop leaves right now. We raked up about 5 lawn bags full of leaves, and the next day, it look like it did BEFORE we raked! I am convinced that all the leaves in our neighborhood are blown right into our yard.
It was beautiful last Monday taking pictures of our blooming Bradford pear tree (that is now only green).
The next day it rained buckets and created a natural birdbath in our backyard. We have a few drainage issues!
We drove to Dallas Saturday morning to visit family. I was shocked to read the forecast that it was supposed to snow Saturday night! AND snow it did...I took this picture around 11:30pm when we left my sister's house Saturday night to show that it snowed.
Little did I know that when I woke up Sunday morning there would be several inches of snow on my car. (Of course, I didn't take pictures right until a lot of snow had already melted.) Silly Texas weather!
P.S. It is supposed to be 80 degrees in Austin today!

No comments:

Post a Comment