Friday, March 5, 2010

Girls Weekend Out--GWO

A couple years ago, on a milestone birthday for me, and apparently because I had a killer hotel coupon, GWO began. Cheryl, Nancy, and Wendy and I have been enjoying GWO ever since. GWO consists of new adventures and lots of laughing. We have sampled delicious food, explored Hill Country scenery, had 2 weddings, found the best pie around, hung out in our PJs, and they taught me to shoot a gun...right before my wedding. This past weekend, we finally got the old crew back together.
We camped out at Cheryl's house. We had lunch at Mimi's Cafe. Mmmmm...yummy carrot raisin muffins! Then we went to IKEA for Cheryl and Nancy's inaugural trip. The above picture illustrates what happens when 4 women go shopping together. You strap in the purses instead of kids. I'm an IKEA veteran, and oddly enough was planning on taking Nicholas soon. It was a great opportunity for me to do some reconnoitering. At one point Nancy asked how you got out of IKEA (meaning that she wanted to buy lots of stuff), and I told her it was easy. You just have $1000 less when you leave! I kid, I kid...
We did finally make it out of IKEA, 3 hours later, without spending too much money. Although, Nicholas and I took a trip out there again on Monday thanks to my reconnoitering. Stay tuned.
After IKEA, we visited some new shops in the area: Nothing Bundt Cake, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, Plato's Closet, and Half Priced Books. Then we went to happy hour at ZTejas. Ymmm.
Once daylight was exhausted, we headed back to Cheryl's house for some friendly games and hula hoop action. We played Cityism, the game about Austin that Nicholas and I got for Christmas. There was a recent write-up in the Texas Exes magazine Alcalde.
We woke up Sunday morning, and Chef Jim (Cheryl's husband) made us breakfast. Yummy! I can't wait for the next GWO.

1 comment: