Friday, March 26, 2010

Delicious Food I've Eaten Recently

Food is a pretty big part of our lives. Nicholas and I both enjoy cooking, although, I currently do most of the cooking. I am constantly trying new recipes and am slightly obsessed with finding new healthy recipes chock full of vegetables and taste. I also shop at 3 stores every week for our groceries. You may have noticed I have started sharing food information, and will only begin to see more. This is a blog about my life, and well, food is a pretty important part of my life. That being said, here are some yummy things we have eaten recently!

Thin Mint (as in the Girl Scout cookie) Cheesecake with an Oreo crust from Jack Allen's Kitchen

Seared Ahi Tuna on a bed of greens courtesy of Austin Foodist--Check out his recipe.

Fresh made Homemade Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread that I first mentioned a couple weeks ago. I originally got this receipe from Jo-Lynne at Musings of a Housewife. (She has recently modified the recipe to fill her new soaking grains regimen. I have not tried the new version.) This is the 4th time I have made a batch (Each batch makes 2 loaves.), and I am still working out the appropriate timing with my oven, but this batch was more than picture worthy!
    Strawberry Shortcake from EatingWell.com. Strawberries were outrageously on sale last week, so I was on a mission to find delicious recipes to use them in. I, of course, did not take a picture of my attempt--I was too busy diving in! I pretty much followed the recipe (although I halved the shortbread) except for the part about mixing the strawberries with sugar. I usually think that strawberries are plenty sweet without the added sugar, but if the strawberries are not ripe enough, it may be good to add the sugar.
    Pizza using Whole Wheat Pizza Dough from EatingWell.com. Nicholas loves pizza, and I do, too, but I don't like the way greasy pizza makes me feel. However, this dough is amazing and pretty easy to make. It is good with a variety of toppings. Try it out today! As an aside, hubby made this pizza, and making the dough is also kind of his thing. He likes making bread type things from scratch.

1 comment: