Thursday, December 10, 2009

Top Ten Thursday

As promised, today's Top Ten is all about Christmas. Since there are only so many Thursdays in December, I am splitting up the Top Ten today to bring you my Top 5 Christmas movies and Top 5 Christmas songs. Enjoy!

Top 5 Christmas Movies
5. The Santa Clause--I used to watch it all the time with my little brother and little sister. It's cute and fun. Who doesn't love a movie about Santa?
4. Fred Claus--I am a sucker for a Vince Vaughn movie. It's a lot more tasteful than Bad Santa; it's funny, and has a great message.
3. A Charlie Brown Christmas--My all-time favorite cartoon. I love everything about it--the story of Christmas by Linus, the pitiful tree that Charlie Brown gets, and how they all come together in the end.
2. White Christmas--My mom and my aunt love this movie, and growing up I enjoyed sharing it with them. I know all the words to ALL the songs and can also toss out a couple dance numbers.
1. It's a Wonderful Life--I know many people hate this movie because it used to be on ALL the time, but I love it. I love Jimmy Stewart and Bedford Falls. I cry every time the townspeople rally to support George Bailey and up the tears when Clarence gets his wings. I watch it every year when I put up the Christmas tree.


Top 5 Christmas Songs
5. Sleigh Ride--We played it every year for our Christmas Concert in both middle school and high school. I loved it every time, especially the "horse" sound made with the trumpet and all the fun percussion parts.
4. We Three Kings--I just love the tune.
3. Frosty the Snowman--This was my favorite song to sing with all the kids I taught at daycare. I would sing all the words and they would chime in with "FROSTY THE SNOWMAN" and mumble the rest of the words.
2. Ave Maria by Harry Connick, Jr.--I heart Harry, and he sings this song beautifully.
1. White Christmas sung by Bing Crosby--The ultimate crooner. Since I love the movie, it's no wonder I also love the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment