Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Operation Blue Santa

Last Tuesday Nicholas and I wrapped presents for Operation Blue Santa with other members from church. We wrapped presents for boys ages 11-14 and 5-7.
Operation Blue Santa is a program run by the Austin Police Department. It was quite an operation!
On Friday I went to Borders to buy a book for our "angel" from Lutheran Social Services. When I checked out, I was given the opportunity to donate a book to Brown Santa. I bought The Giving Tree because it always makes me cry, and I love that book!
With all these "colored" Santa projects, I decided to look for other organizations to help with. Orange Santa is affiliated with The University of Texas, but unfortunately, they finished all their work yesterday.
Green Santa is a book drive at the Bee Caves Library during the month of November to help families in the Lake Travis area. Maybe next year I can help all the Santas of the rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment