Thursday, December 3, 2009

Top Ten Thursday

Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love everything about it: the decorations, the songs, the thought of snow, the sappy commercials on TV that make me cry, buying gifts for other people, baking, the Christmas feast (with roast beast...thank you Dr. Seuss), The Nutcracker, Christmas music, Advent services at church, the story of the birth of Jesus, and my Christmas wardrobe. Of course, I like receiving gifts, but not as much as I like giving them. So, December promises Top Ten Thursdays filled with Christmas. First up, the top ten ornaments on my Christmas tree.
10. Shiny, glittery balls--What can I say, I'm just girl who likes sparkle and can never get enough of it!
9. Most ornaments have happy memories attached to them. Enter the Sprout kiddos. Miss Wiggles was just a wee tot in this picture. Now she walks, talks, and annoys her brother and sister, but is still just as adorable as ever!
8. A sparkly, hand-painted ball I picked up at the Caswell House.
7. My only Waterford Crystal ornament, a gift from one of the little girls I had at the daycare (many years ago).
6. I made this ornament, and I think it is pretty. I especially like the snow.
5. Chocolate covered strawberries, a gift from our friend, Laura, who made the groom's cake at our wedding, complete with chocolate covered strawberries.
4. This penguin is one of a set of 4 handmade glass ornaments I got at the Crate and Barrel after Christmas sale last year.
3. This is also one of a set of 4 ornaments from Rockefeller Center. We got them last year when we experienced the Christmas tree and the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular.
2. UT Santa--I'm a die hard Longhorn fan. Don't be surprised if you find a "Longhorn" tree in my future.1. Our First Christmas in our New Home--2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment