Monday, December 7, 2009

A Christmas Affair

Every year the Junior League of Austin puts together "A Christmas Affair" at the Palmer Events Center. Imagine a convention center filled with stuff to buy. This was my first year to attend. The theme was "A Wild Holiday" as evidence by the tree below.
I was invited to attend the private shopping event which included brunch. The food was delicious, and the merchandise was overwhelming. By 2pm I was exhausted. Some shopper I am! It was fun, and I will probably do it again next year.
I also did a little Christmas decorations shopping at Crate and Barrel with Nicholas' mom. Fortunately for the Dertien household, it is quite a trek to the Crate and Barrel in Austin. It is not in the mall here, like it was in Providence, so it is not possible to frequent it as often as we did in Rhode Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment