Thursday, February 18, 2010

Top Ten Thursday

Top Ten Thursday during the month of February is dedicated to things I love love love!

This week: The top ten things I love about Texas.

10. The magnetic strip on the back of my license. That's right. You may think it a silly thing, until you live in a state that has no magnetic strip. Forget using your license to self-check into a flight at the airport without a magnetic strip.

9. No state income taxes. I used to think that Texas had no state income taxes because the sales tax was so high or because so many people live here. Now I realize it is because Texas is such a big producer of products, a leading exporter, and a top global trader.

8. The culture. Texas has its own culture that I believe goes back to the days of Texas being a country. It's unique. Texans have a strong sense of pride. It's fun and exciting to witness and be a part of it.

7. The selection of salsa and tortillas. I go to the grocery store, and my favorite items are no longer located in the International Foods aisle!

6. HEB. H-E-B, Heebee Mart, The HEEB. Great prices, great selection, and no rewards card!

5. Air Conditioning EVERYWHERE. Since the summers were so short in Rhode Island, not everyone had air conditioning or central air. It's nice to be back in the land of central air.

4. Bluebonnets. I will miss Rhode Island spring this year (where EVERYTHING blooms), but the bluebonnets and wildflowers are pretty wonderful. Thank you Lady Bird Johnson!

3. The beach, the desert, the hill country, and everything in between. It's nice to know that you can pretty much experience any climate, terrain, or weather you want, all in one great big package.

2.  Adorable nieces. I love that because we live in Texas again we can be a big part of our nieces lives.
 
1. Everything's Bigger in Texas. Houses, hair, wide open spaces, cars, highways, friendliness, football, milk and kids (They grow taller in Texas.).

No comments:

Post a Comment