Saturday, February 13, 2010

Be Still My "Cusinart"

My parents gave Nicholas and I a Cuisinart food processor for Christmas. I was super excited about this gift. I have been using my mother's since I was tall enough to reach the kitchen counter. My mother's food processor has successfully chopped and grated ingredients for our family coleslaw. I don't know where the recipe came from or how far back it goes, but now I need to find out! I do know that my great grandmother taught my mom and aunt to mix the coleslaw dressing without "standard" measurements, and my aunt still makes it that way. I feel a future blog post brewing.
I have documented my first two experiences with my new kitchen toy. The inaugural use of the food processor was for a Southwestern Cheese Panini.
Don't the carrots, zucchini and onion look beautifully chopped?
And what do you think about the end result?
The next adventure was to make a red pepper sauce for Grilled Salmon and Zucchini with Red Pepper Sauce.
Ironically, we made this recipe the night before Nicholas got his new grill!
We used the sauce on the salmon and the squash mixture. It was fabulous, and very much like a pesto sauce.
I don't know how old my mother's food processor is, but this is what it looks like.
Obviously, Cuisinart has made some adjustments over the years. Ours looks more "modern." Some pieces on my mother's model that are made out of plastic are now made out of metal on our model. Our design seems to be a little more streamlined. Let's hope ours lasts as long as our parents' models have!

Other Cuisinart products we own:
Automatic Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker
Electric Knife
Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill

No comments:

Post a Comment