Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009 Recap

I'm joining JoLynne over at Musing of a Housewife...a bit late...in her New Year's Carnival! Enjoy looking back over our first year of blogging!

January
What better way to ring in 2009 than break down and start a blog?
This post is the beginning of my blogging adventure. Who knew I would become so prolific?

February
What happened on this day in history?
This is the hubby's happy birthday/happy groundhog's day post.

March
Even though it is March 2nd and buds are popping up on the tree branches outside, we have had a surprise snow storm.
A post about the surprise March snowstorm. Too bad we were in Texas for the Blizzard of 2009!

April
I went to sunny Los Cabos as a guest of my friend, Nancy, who was given an incentive trip.
A post about the fabulous service I received in Cabo San Lucas in March, when it was cool to travel to Mexico, and before H1N1 scared the nation.

May
Spring Tulips
An all picture post...as are many of the posts that follow it. What a beautiful Rhode Island Spring! I really enjoyed reliving it!

June
When Nicholas was little, he liked to draw and build. He liked to take things apart, figure out how they worked, and put them back together with most of the original pieces. He was a problem-solver, and still is.
A post about the amazingly heavy boxes Nicholas built to hold the glass tabletops he used in one of his thesis shows. They successfully traveled from Rhode Island in a PODS unit and currently live up against the wall in the garage right next to where I wish I could park my car.

July
The Turman's have been a major part of my life for the past many years. 17 year old LJ is an extremely talented french horn player and has attended Tanglewood Young Musicians camp in Lenox, MA the past few years.
A post about our first drive of the season to Tanglewood. Now LJ is applying to college. It is wonderful that we were able to help chauffeur him around New England while we were there. We look forward to visiting him wherever college will take him. First up: I am going to Washington D.C. on Wednesday to hear him compete in a competition to play with the Air Force Band.

August
Colt State Park in Bristol, RI is often referred to as the 'gem' of the State Parks System.
A post about one of our favorite RI Parks in Bristol, RI. It's where we had our first New England picnic, and where I scarred my leg by falling on the rocks.

September
Who knew the day that I walked into Liz's office and broke down into tears would be the turning point of my RI experience.
AND
I may find I will need more than one RI Scrapbook once I pull together everything I have written on the blog! I have written a plethora about the Sprouts, but here is a little more.
Two related posts...about two of the most influential families we met in Rhode Island. Need I say more?

October
I have faith that sometime in the near future we will have an anniversary that does not fall around a life changing event or we are not broke.
A post about how we celebrated our 2nd anniversary...in our new home!

November
I have been trying to find the best way to store my necklaces. I notice a few years ago a friend used a corkboard with pegs.
A post about the really neat necklace display the hubby created for me.

December
We celebrated our first Thanksgiving in our new house at Nicholas' parents house.
A post about the fabulous Thanksgiving we had with Nicholas' family and a handful of my siblings.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be great to watch Billy Crystal - 700 Sundays , i have bought tickets from TicketFront.com looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete