Monday, January 18, 2010

In Texas, Really?

When we decided to move back to Texas from Rhode Island, there were a few things I expected. I expected that we would be spending lots of time with family. I expected that we would fall right back into a routine of spending time with our friends in Austin. I expected that we would settle into our new house and life as a married couple minus the grad school. There were, however, several things that I DID NOT EXPECT!

Sweater weather. I definitely did not expect that I would have the opportunity to wear all of my cute Rhode Island sweaters no less than 3 times EACH, IN TEXAS!

Snow. I definitely did not expect to see snow in Texas and a white Christmas. I definitely thought we would have to visit Colorado, Minnesota, D.C., or Rhode Island to get our snow fix.

Rain. I definitely did not expect to see rain every few days after we moved here. I mean, wasn't there supposed to be a drought in Austin?

Carpet burn. I definitely did not expect to get carpet burn in my new house that has no carpet. Before your imagination runs away with itself--I was exercising on my yoga mat. Apparently doing plank exercises on the yoga mat on the wood floor while wearing long sleeves equals carpet burns on the elbows.

No comments:

Post a Comment