Wednesday, August 5, 2009

RI Parks Tour--Colt State Park

Colt State Park in Bristol, RI is often referred to as the 'gem' of the State Parks System. The entire western border of the park is an open panorama onto Narragansett Bay. Open year round, the park offers four miles of bicycle trails passing along the Bay and through 464 acres of groomed fruit trees, carefully nurtured flowering bushes, and manicured lawns. Rich in history, it proudly displays ten large playfields, six picnic groves containing 400+ picnic tables and its' popular open air Chapel-By-The-Sea.

Here is another piece of Rhode Island that we have enjoyed while living here. Above is a picture of our first random visit to Colt State Park where we had a picnic. Below is a picture of the water, right before I fell down on the rocks and "skinned" my leg just like a little girl. My poor leg has seen it's fair share of scraps and bruises, especially in my adult life. My mother didn't used to (perhaps still does) call me "Grace" for no reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment