Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Short Family Visits

One of the reasons Nicholas and I ended up back in Austin (other than it is an amazing place to be, minus the weather) was to spend lots of time with family. Nicholas' parents live in Austin. My parents and younger siblings all live in Dallas. So you will find many of my posts now will be about nieces and short family visits. On these visits, I do lots of baby holding, and Nicholas does a lot of "Monser" playing.
So we took our October visit to Dallas. We left on Saturday night because it was TX/OU weekend where The University of Texas and Oklahoma University meet in Dallas to play an insane rivalry game at The Cotton Bowl. The traffic on Friday on I-35 from Norman, OK south to Dallas and from Austin, TX north to Dallas is hellacious. So we left on Saturday night, after watching our beloved Longhorns win the game.As promised, I did lots of baby holding. Baby A is now 2 months old, and she is getting so big. It has been a month since we have seen her and is already eating 6 Tbsp of rice cereal!
Here is Baby A looking up at Uncle Nick. Mini-J also got in some Uncle Nick and Aunt Dana time. She cuddled up right next to Nicholas when we got in late on Saturday night. Her Daddy is working 7AM-7PM at his new job, and we took over her room, so she had to be lulled into sleep in other ways so Daddy could get some rest before his long work week. Mini-J's grandparents don't really want her climbing/running/jumping on the furniture, but here are some pictures of her "building a castle" that she hid in. I can't wait to get her on a beach and see if she will let us bury her in the sand!
Before leaving Germany, mini-J was helping her Mommy do some cooking in the kitchen. Here are some pictures of her cooking in Texas. Notice the ingredients.
Grandaddy was trying to get mini-J to try her creation. She was having none of that!
You didn't think I was finished with the Baby A pictures, did you? Here is Baby A with "Mr. Bear." Baby A's Daddy was born when I was in Kindergarten. I had been an only child until then. Knowing me, I am sure that I was excited to have a new baby to play with. I gave Logan Mr. Bear (the nighttime CareBear) as a present when he was born. He slept with it FOREVER, as evidenced by the wear and tear. I adored Logan until he was 2 which was about the time he started messing with my stuff!
Baby A's parents think she should start walking as soon as possible. They may regret that decision!
Aunt Dana thinks pouty faces are too precious!
You would think that there is something really fascinating that Baby A is looking at, but no, it's just a white wall.
I think Baby A loves her Aunt and Uncle!!!

1 comment: