Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Day with Aunt Dana

My sister and BIL came to Austin last week (our first house guests!) for a job fair in a semi-nearby town. I volunteered to watch my niece, mini-J while they were job-fairing. While they were technically our first house guests, we all actually slept at Nicholas' parents house (who were coincidentally out-of-town) because they have beds, and we don't quite have our house ready for 3 year olds.
Nicholas' parents have a pool table, which was, of course, mini-J's FAVORITE toy! "I play lots of balls" was a frequent ringing in our ears. Mini-J and I were unexpectedly stuck at the house without a carseat, so we walked to the neighborhood part at 8:00AM for some much needed running around.
Notice the pool in the background? All mini-J wanted to do more than anything was go to the "water park." Now, it was probably 80 degrees outside, but that isn't swimming weather! When I told her that the water park was closed, and we didn't have a key, she didn't care. When we walked over to see that the gate was locked, she studied the gate intently, I suspect plotting to see if she could fit through!
I am sure that in this picture she is thinking that she really doesn't want to take a picture with me. She wants to go to the water park!
Superwoman strikes again!
When Mommy and Daddy came home, Mommy and Aunt Dana took mini-J to a bigger better park!
It was hot, so we had to hydrate.
This is a picture in the car when I am trying to distract mini-J by taking pictures of her and then showing them to her on the digital camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment