Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Friday Night Lights

Now that we are back in Texas, it's hard not to get back into football. Outside of the New England Patriots (a team I could never be a fan of), football just wasn't big. But then again, everything is bigger in Texas, and football is one of the biggest. No matter what age, pee-wee all the way to pro, you can't help but have football in your life.
Prior to high school, I didn't really care much about football, other than being annoyed that it was always on TV on Sundays. In high school, I went to all the football games because I was in the band. My freshman year, our football team was pretty good, and we went to a playoff game. My sophomore year, I went to a brand new high school, so our football team was blah, but band was super fun!
Then I went to The University of Texas. The first day you step foot on campus is the day you begin bleeding orange, and the rest is history.
I've spent a lot of time at football games for fun, and to support nieces/nephews/surrogate nieces and nephews. Most recently, we went to the Westlake High School football game to support our favorite french horn extraordinaire/drum major. Nothing beats a Friday Night Lights, especially at 60 degrees!
This is my feeble attempt to take a picture of the Austin skyline with my little point and shoot camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment