Saturday, October 10, 2009

Just Do It

I have a lot of opinions. I have a lot of political opinions. You probably don't know this about me because I don't usually voice them. There are two reasons for this.

1. I don't believe in forcing my opinions on other people.

2. I strongly believe in listening to other people, and therefore am constantly refining my opinions.

I do have a strong belief in volunteering my time and my money to help others. I regret that I was not able to be more involved in student organizations when I was in college, so I have tried very hard to dedicate my time to causes I believe in since then. A few causes that are important to me are: breast cancer awareness and finding a cure, research for heart disease and heart related issues, eradicating domestic violence and supporting those who need it.

That being said, I ask you this. Go here, and sign this petition. No matter what your political beliefs, you have to know that our healthcare system needs reform. I have really good insurance. But what if I lose my job? My husband is an artist. What if we are both self-employed? There are plenty of people I know, people in my family, that don't have good healthcare. How will this affect them when they really need it? Hospitals bill incorrectly all the time, and sometimes only people who know how to read medical bills can catch it. I don't think it is possible to completely reform our healthcare system, but I do believe it is important to begin taking steps in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment