Friday, August 28, 2009

Road Tripping

We leave our beloved Rhode Island today. I came here kicking and screaming and was pretty much unhappy for a good portion of our time here.

Now, a part of me is leaving kicking and screaming. 2 years ago, I never dreamed that I would have any reservations about leaving Rhode Island. I thought I was a Texan through and through. I had never driven in the snow, let alone owned snow boots or a snow scrapper.

Nicholas and I looked at our time here as very temporary. With that in mind, it was hard to think about establishing roots. There was also the minor detail of Nicholas being extremely busy with grad school!

Somewhere around the time I forgot to lament not having any friends in RI, I found that I not only had friends, but an amazing RI family. So I leave here today with reservations that I will not see my RI family everyday, like I have grown accustomed to, but God Bless the inventor of SKYPE! I look forward to coming back to visit soon, and often, and having cross-country adventures with the Girls.


Please keep us in your prayers as we road trip down the East Coast with stays in Delaware, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, and an extended stay in Dallas, Texas before we make our new house a home.

1 comment:

  1. ...and the tears had just stopped before I got on the computer!

    ReplyDelete