Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Reflective Good Friday

I spent the morning yesterday assisting with the Good Friday children's service. We walked through the story of Jesus' life, death, and resurrection is a little under an hour. We finished with hot-cross buns and juice. I played one of the Fishers of "People" and fished plastic fish from a kiddie pool. I also got to wear a snazzy robe. Then I finished the day with the Tennebrae service at church (the service of darkness). So I came home and did a little reflecting.

  • My home isn't as clean as I would like, but I have a place to call home.
  • My family isn't as close and accessible as I would like, but they are all healthy and safe.
  • My husband didn't come home from school until 2AM last night, but in a month and a half he will have an Masters of Fine Arts.
  • House hunting is no fun at a distance of 2000 miles, but in 6 months we will hopefully own our first home.
  • It is a dreary rainy day, and I should have finished my shopping yesterday, but today I made mini-Liz and mini-Nick happy with semi-homemade Easter baskets.
  • My back hurts from cooking all day, but tomorrow there will be happy well-fed people celebrating the new life given to use through resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment