Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mr. Lewis

I just updated the books I am reading since I finished a book today. I have mixed feelings about finishing books. I knew someone in school that would read the last page of every book, first. The closest I ever get to that is reading the last sentence. I just don't want to spoil the surprise, but I also don't want the book reading adventure to end. I have the same feelings about presents. I was not one of those kids that would unwrap the presents under the Christmas tree when my parents weren't home and re-wrap them so no one would know. I wanted to be surprised! I love presents, who doesn't? I do get sad when they are all opened because there is nothing special waiting for me anymore. Maybe I like having something to look forward to, or maybe I just don't want the anticipation to end.

Back to books.

I always get sad when I finish a book, at least if it is a book I have enjoyed, because the story ends. I no longer get to be a part of that world that was in the book. That's why I like series books. Fortunately, I am not so silly that I refuse to finish books because I don't want them to end.

The original intention of this post was to comment on how many C.S. Lewis books are on my "bookshelf." Nicholas and I decided to read the Chronicles of Narnia after we finished reading Harry Potter. We are on the second book chronologically, The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe and probably won't make any headway in the next month thanks to thesis writing. It's just coincidence that the next book I am reading for my book club is also by C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters, but then again, Mr. Lewis has a large breadth of work.

Stay tuned for updates on how the Lewis Adventures are progressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment