Saturday, April 4, 2009

Los Cabos--Relaxing By the Pool

I promised that the most important goal of my trip to Los Cabos was to relax by the pool, and I am happy to report that I exceeded my own expectations. I did wake up at 6:30AM everyday, unable to go back to sleep. I chalk that up to the 3 hour time difference from Rhode Island. That just meant that I could hit the gym and cool off in the pool. The temperatures were mostly in the 70s, which great in the sun, but slightly chilly in the shade. Fortunately, the hotel was well equipped with enormous beach towels. There was a day I was so cold sitting in the shade (hiding my skin from the sun) that I had four beach towels (one over my chair, one as a pillow, and two as a blanket).
I read reviews of the hotel, and everyone said that you had to get to the pool early and "reserve" a chair because they filled up fast. It's funny how true that was. The main pool was the biggest and had a negative edge with the ocean. It was the pool that we looked at every morning as we ate breakfast on the terrace.

The second pool was the one that we could see from the balcony of our room. It was a nice pool and less crowded. Although, I gave each pool its fair share of my time. (I'm really big on sharing.) On our first night, there was a company welcome reception that was held at this pool. They put up a little bridge so you could easily walk across to each side without having to walk all the way around the pool. I got lots of reading done, a little writing, and even a tiny nap. It's exhausting relaxing by the pool!
The ocean was a beautiful blue green color. Our hotel was the only one in Cabo that had beach access and that you could swim right in the ocean. Although it was too chilly to actually swim without someone daring you to go in. It made me think of Nicholas' stories of swimming in Lake Superior on church youth trips and getting "he-man" points for staying in a long time. Most of the beach was filled with tiny seashells, so it was pretty painful to walk on in bare feet, but there were some cute little wooden beach umbrellas that you could sit under.


No comments:

Post a Comment