Saturday, April 4, 2009

Los Cabos--The Events


What did I actually do in Los Cabos? I went to company sponsored events, relaxed by the pool, and fought off the waiters who were in love with my red hair. I managed to get through the trip without telling anyone that my name in Spanish class through middle school and high school was Peliroja (red-head).


The view of arriving in Los Cabos from the air.

Our first company sponsored event was on Sunday night, our day of arrival. We had a mini-reception with our section of the company (of which 9 people received the incentive trip), and then a big welcome reception with the whole company with dinner and drinks. Much to our chagrin, there was no dessert bar. Fortunately, that was the only time there was no dessert! This is the event that was held at "our" pool. We watched the hotel set up tables while we were unpacking in our room.
The view of our Welcome Reception from our balcony.
Our company outing on Monday was whale watching. Here is a picture of my personal bartender, Carlos. Afterwards, we spent some time in my favorite hotel restaurant enjoying the sunset.
My favorite spot taken in the daytime. The white light in the back is all open to outside and has bench seating.
On Tuesday, all the incentive trip winners had to attend a business meeting. This gave me plenty of time to enjoy the jacuzzi in our bathroom, and then the pool. Early evening we had a little pizza party on the whale watching terrace. I took a picture of the table centerpiece because it had broccoli in it.

On Wednesday, we attended an Awards dinner in the evening. We took charter buses from the hotel and turned down a little dirt road that took us into the desert where we ate dinner in front of a large rock formation (that later in the evening had multi-colored lights and graphics displayed on it). We had a delicious 3 course meal and enjoyed a riveting awards presentation. Then there there were fireworks!

All we could see on our bus ride to the Awards Ceremony were the huge cacti.


I also enjoyed and captured the beautiful sunsets and sunrises from our balcony. The first is a picture of sunset, and the other two are sunrise the morning I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment