Monday, March 9, 2009

My Bucket List

Last month, my book club read "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. He was a professor at Carnegie Mellon that died of pancreatic cancer but gave a "last lecture" talking about his childhood dreams and how he acheived. For our book club meeting this week, we were suppose to write down our childhood dreams and items we would include on a bucket list (things to do before you die). Randy had some pretty specific childhood dreams like being a Disney Imagineer. All I remember wanting to do when I was little was be a teacher and a lawyer (although not at the same time). I will let you think about how I think those dreams have been modified in my current life, since I am neither a teacher nor a lawyer despite pursuing pathways to both careers. Here are some items from my bucket list:
  • Write and publish a book about my grandmother
  • Always take classes
  • Own/run a business
  • Travel always--Spain, Italy, England, France, Costa Rica, Brazil, Egypt, Morroco, Panama, Ireland, Scotland, Greece, Czech Republic, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia...to name a few places I'd like to visit.
  • Buy a car with cash
  • Leave a legacy for my kids

2 comments: