Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Jealous?


Two things I hate about Rhode Island: state income taxes and being away from family. Contrary to popular belief, or at least some of my musings, I do like many things about RI, one of which is distinct seasons. Distinct seasons means that I can pack away all the sweaters and winter clothes in buckets, shove them in the back of the closet and leave them there until the end of August. Likewise I can leave the bathing suits and cute tank tops bucketed until May. This year, I had to pull them out early. If I was more entertaining, I would take a picture of the disaster I created searching through the 4 or 5 buckets looking for bathing suits and shorts. Don't get any crazy ideas that we are having Texas-like Spring temperatures. No sir-ee. I'm going to Cabo, for 5 days. That's right. On Sunday, I leave (around breakfast time in Germany) on a jetplane for sunny Cabo San Lucas. I intend to wear flip flops everyday and fully intend to leave the sweatshirt I am wearing right now shoved right at the bottom of the dirty clothes hamper. I promise to avoid drinks with ice or anything that was made with tap water. I fully plan on spending as much time in the pool/ocean as possible, in the shade, of course. Get your fill of my wit before Sunday because I'm going on vacation! The above picture is not of Cabo San Lucas, since I've never been there. It is, however, a picture I took with my ancient (non-digital) camera back in 2001 when I went to the Bahamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment