Monday, March 9, 2009

The Joy of Children, Part 2

My youngest sister is 12 years younger than me, and I worked at a daycare during college. As previously noted, I have several nieces and nephews, and I've been babysitting since I was at least 10. It seems that I am attracted to families.
I found it difficult to make friends when we moved to RI. I work from home, and Nicholas is busy at school. We were blessed to find a church we love and as a result, friends (though they are not our age and have kids)! The Eide's have 2 1/2 year old twins. We'll call them mini-Liz and mini-Nick, since the twins really are clones of their parents. We have enjoyed hanging out with all of the Eide's.
Liz and I share a birthday (April Fool's Day), and both our Nick's (henceforth referred to as Nicholai) also have holiday birthdays (Groundhog Day and Christmas Eve). Besides enjoying spending time with each other, we have a ton of other things in common, but I'll spare you the long list! The purpose of this discussion is the twins.
Since we hang out with the Eide's a lot, the twins know Nicholas and I pretty well. Due to Nicholas' schedule, I end up at the Eide home a lot by myself. I enjoy the days when I walk in to the response "Hi, Dana!" instead of "Where's Nick?" Here are some pictures of our good times together!

Making a gingerbread house at Christmas time. Don't be fooled by mini-Liz's Halloween shirt. :)

I know it's hard to tell who the adult is in this situation, but Nicholas really does enjoy playing with the kids. They are playing in the recent addition to the house. I helped Liz pick out the carpet. It's made of recycled plastic bottles.

You can never start practicing too soon for your driver's license. Mini-Liz was driving to work and mini-Nick was driving to the boat shop.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know you've enjoyed our kids so much - they have certainly enjoyed you!!!!

    ReplyDelete