Thursday, July 30, 2009

Kayaking

I voted for the "Best of Rhode Island" for Rhode Island Monthly magazine. Now I get a weekly email of the top 5 things to do each weekend. We have done a few of the things listed and been less than impressed. However, when I saw a "festival" with free kayaking, I knew that (being a the good wife I am) my husband would be overjoyed to attend.

So last weekend we ventured to Kenyon's Grist Mill in South Kingstown, RI. During the summer, they have 3 or 4 "open houses" with free tours of the grist mill. In July, a local kayaking company had free kayaking on Queen's River.

Nicholas has really been wanting to go sea-kayaking. I have never been kayaking before, and the thought of getting carried away in the ocean has been less than appealing. The opportunity for free river kayaking was a great way to try out kayaking. It was a lot of fun, and we ended up spending about 45 minutes on the water. And no one tipped over. :)

After enjoying the kayaking, we had some clam chowder and bought some fresh ground red corn meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment