Wednesday, July 8, 2009

June Recap

July 8th, really? Seriously? It seems like just yesterday that I was counting down the months, weeks, and days until graduation and lamenting rarely seeing my husband. Now it has been 40 days since graduation. Lent never goes by that fast!

We have had 6 house guests, visited New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Texas, and explored Rhode Island. Nicholas went to New York and made a lot of contacts. We have taken a total of 9 one way trips to the airport in the last 40 days. It rained here 27 out of 30 days in June. I am beginning to wish I had bought those cute rain boots I had my eye on last Fall.

We have almost bought a house. I feel like the "Quote Queen." Moving quotes, home owner's insurance quotes, auto transportation quotes, mortgage quotes, and property tax estimates.

I have lists out the wazoo. Lists of places to see in New England before we leave, lists of documents for our new home, lists of birthday, graduation, new baby, anniversary, and going away presents to buy, lists of people we could stay with on our drive back to Texas, lists of special items to move. I like lists. Nicholas will roll his eyes when he reads that last sentence.

We need a refrigerator, washer and dryer. We want a new dishwasher, kitchen cabinets, dining room table, couch, and a king size bed. We are not looking forward to going back to Texas weather.

This must be what it is like to write on twitter. Glad the sun finally decided to come out for a few hours today. It's amazing how sun after rain automatically makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment