Wednesday, November 25, 2009

All Redheads are NOT Related!

I was in the grocery store, minding my own business and looking for Gruyere cheese. An adorable little girl, 15-18 months old was near me with her grandmother. She came over to my shopping cart. I said hi and smiled at her. I found my cheese and started to move away. Little girl started following me. Her grandmother told her that was my cart and to come back to her cart. I smiled again and walked away around the corner. The little girl RAN after me. Her grandmother didn't move very fast. The little was trying to climb into my basket from the front. I tried to talk to her and tell her that her grandmother was over there (all the while wondering why it was taking her grandmother so long to skedaddle over to her granddaughter!). She seemed determined to come with me. Once her grandmother finally got around to us, the little girl ran to the handle side of the basket like she was hiding from her grandmother and then grabbed onto my leg for dear life. With the little girl safe in her grandmother's hands, I ran away to the cries of the poor little girl.

Come to find out, the little girl's mother was a redhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment