Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Signs I Am No Longer A Visitor in RI

  • I pronounce Pawtucket "P'tucket" instead of "Paw-tucket."
  • Someone gave directions like this, "right on the corner where the old Diamond Shamrock used to be," and I knew exactly where they were talking about...even though the Diamond Shamrock has not been on that corner the entire time we have lived here.
  • We went to the movies last night, and I was disgruntled to see a full theater (of mostly teenagers). I am used to only 10 other people going to the movies with me and having plenty of room to spread out.
  • I think it is perfectly acceptable to be wearing sweaters and jackets in June.
  • I "happily" pay the electric bill every month because we haven't used heat/AC since March.
  • Most of my driving is within a 6 mile radius of our apartment.
  • I know my way around RI way too well.

1 comment: