Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Visiting Grandpa Moss

At the beginning of December, right after his 88th birthday, Grandpa Moss entered in home hospice care. He is my last living grandparent, and I haven't seen him since he moved to Oregon 5 years ago. So I left to spend a couple days visiting him. I had a very late flight  on Tuesday evening to Reno. The boys dropped me off before bedtime.
I arrived in Reno around midnight...(2am my time) and spent the night near the airport. I left Wednesday morning and drove 4 hours through northern California to my uncle's house in Oregon. It was a beautiful drive.
Thursday morning, I enjoyed coffee on the back porch and the view of Mt. Shasta.
Later in the morning, Grandpa and I took a walk around the land. 
Early afternoon, my cousin, Amanda arrived with her new baby. Grandpa loves baby and just couldn't get enough!
Here's a sweet picture of when Grandpa met Big Bro for the first time back in 2011.
I had to leave Thursday afternoon to drive back to Reno before it was too dark (and the road got icy) because my flight home left Friday morning. It was great to see Grandpa and talk to him (via a dry erase board because he can't hear) about the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment