Thursday, September 29, 2011

Technology and the Digital Abyss

It's no secret that Lil' D is a well photographed little boy. In fact, Lil' D has his own blog. The boy currently has 6 photo books made especially for him and 3 family books that have been made (also mostly about him) since he was born. We have taken roughly 20,000 photos of Lil' D that comprise 45 GB on my external hard drive. My external hard drive that is on the verge of crashing.

I am dreadfully behind in blogging. We have visited New Mexico and attended a wedding, and I haven't blogged about either of those big events or all the other "little" events that Lil' D experiences everyday. In fact, I just blogged about Lil' D being 7 months old...8 days before he turns 8 months old!

I have spent a good portion of my limited free time the past two weeks attempting to move those 20,000 photos of Lil' D to another location since I have been too busy taking care of, taking photos of, blogging about, and just plain enjoying Lil' D to have backed them up, yet. *Sigh*

Rest assured that I will catch up on picture uploading, picture editing, and blogging in due time. And I will get most of those pictures moved and backed up. Technology is a wonderful thing, and I am grateful that I have the access and ability to scrapbook Lil' D on the Internet for all our friends and family to see. Sometimes it's like a 4th job (you know, behind being a Mommy and Wife, my actual job, and my almost full-time job volunteering at church). I do love it, and despite the frustration I have had the past couple weeks grasping at the photos of my little boy in the digital abyss, it has been wonderful to look back upon all his happenings these past 7.5 months. Goodness how he has grown and changed!

No comments:

Post a Comment