Thursday, October 21, 2010

Delectable Dishes

You may recall how much I love Fall food, because I may have mentioned it once or twice. Here are some of the recipes that have been gracing our table.

Smoky Stuffed Peppers--I have been making this recipe for a couple years, and I love it! Try it...it's yummy!

Mushroom and Provolone Patty Melts--I used bison instead of beef. I was kind of afraid that there wouldn't be enough flavor since you don't really have any condiments. They were delicious without condiments, although, they were a little dry when reheated.

Fall Vegetable Curry--Nicholas loves cauliflower, so I am always on the lookout for fun recipes. This one is a keeper. He also LOVES curry, of which I am not a fan. This is a perfect combination. The magazine suggested serving with cashew basmati rice. (Cook 1 c. of basmati rice omitting salt and fat. Stir in 1/4 c. unsalted cashew pieces and 1/4 tsp. salt. Yield: 4 servings). Also, if you don't have madras curry, try using 1.5 tsp regular curry and 1/2 tsp. red pepper.


I just finished going through the November issue of Cooking Light (which is a double issue!!). Here are a few recipes I am really looking forward to making:

White Bean Soup with Kale and Chorizo

Pecan Spice Cake with Maple Frosting

Crab Eggs Benedict

Quick Cassoulet

Orange-Buttermilk Dinner Rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment