Monday, September 6, 2010

And So It Begins

College Football...
The promise of Fall and cooler temperatures...
Wearing short sleeves instead of sleeveless shirts...maybe.

Saturday marked the beginning of College Football for me. I drove to Houston to attend the first UT game of the season at Reliant Stadium with my football buddy, Stacey. It has been years since I have been to a game. I didn't even get to watch many in Rhode Island since Texas didn't typically make regional coverage and the Longhorn Football network was just a glimmer in DeLoss Dodds eye. After sitting in traffic reminiscent of my college years just trying to find parking, we finally made it to the game not far into the 1st quarter. We ran into these crazy kids at the concession stand and coincidentally happened to be sitting in the same section.
The dome was closed which was nice to not have to wear sunscreen and not smell it on myself the whole game. I could have done without the smells of colored water/beer, but my sense of smell is a little acute these days.
The stands were a sea of burnt orange with spatterings of blue, but that's the way I like it.
The Horns could have played a little better, you know, and at least pretended it wasn't the first game of the season.
Mack Brown got a little upset...once...or twice...
Bevo enjoyed the game directly below us and stood up most of the time. Check out those horns!
I miss watching the bands during televised games.
We won, of course, but not the way we should have, but I enjoyed the non-bleacher seats!
Afterwards, we went to Rice to see LJ's dorm room...a lot different than my freshman room!
Then we went to Rice Village for dinner at a nice Tapas restaurant and dessert at The Chocolate Bar...be jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment