Saturday, May 23, 2009

Getting Down in Chi-Town


At the end of March, Nicholas and I took a trip to Chicago. We had free flights on Southwest that we had to use before the beginning of May. We took the weekend at the end of Nicholas' Spring Break and visited with my best friend, B. Since Chicago is one of the few places we can fly directly into out of Providence, it was the perfect weekend trip.



Did I mention that we embarked on this adventure only 1 day after I returned from Cabo San Lucas? Theoretically, it was easy to pack, since the climates of Los Cabos and Chicago lay at opposite ends of the spectrum in March. Everything was going splendidly until our friend who gave us a ride to the airport pulled away (unknowingly) with my purse. I had set it in the back of the van with our luggage and forgot to grab it. I think I was distracted by the strollers. My purse held my phone, my money, and free drink coupons! Luckily, I had stuck my license in my back pocket, or we would not have made it to Chicago.



Nicholas and M having some sort of philosophical debate. S is making fun of them.

We enjoyed the relatively short trip to Chicago watching a movie on the laptop. We took the train from Midway to B's apartment in downtown Chicago. We spent both nights out on the town, participated in Earth Hour, visited Millennium Park, the Contemporary Art Museum, had Chicago-style pizza, walked a lot, experienced rain, sleet, and snow, and loved our time with B.



Can you find us?

No comments:

Post a Comment