Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Oh Hi

I have to admit I thought it was silly when I felt like Nicholas' parents always had to stay at a Holiday Inn Express. It was relatively early in our relationship when this came up. I think it was our first "family" vacation to Boston/Providence all those years ago. Anytime I had stayed in a hotel in college, I was looking for the cheapest deal and usually shared the room with more people than you are really supposed to (especially during TX/OU weekend). I asked Nicholas why they stay at Holiday Inns, and he said something about points. At the time, this whole frequent flyer/frequent stayer points thing was new to me. It's funny that less than 4 months from that trip I would sign up for every frequent flyer airline program there was in anticipation of travelling to Providence to visit Nicholas.
And now here comes my Ode to Holiday Inn Express, my favorite cheap, clean, home away from home. Whoever did the marketing for Holiday Inn Express was a genius. From the "smart coffee" to the soft/firm labeled pillows to the shampoo/conditioner I swear smells just like the cinnamon rolls they serve at breakfast you just can't help but be happy. The continental breakfast is yummy and now serves "hot food" including sausage and eggs. Plus, the points really do add up! We have enjoyed 2 free nights since we started collecting points.
There is definitely something to be said for a comfy bed, a clean shower, warm food, and feeling like you are home again. Here's a picture of Nicholas' breakfast on our most recent stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment