Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lucky Number 13

Yesterday I hit a record number of steps--13,706! Of course, I was probably soaring over that mark this past summer when I was training for my 60 mile walk and doing 8-15 miles a day. When I originally set out to counting my steps everyday, I had lofty goals. I had no idea how few steps I would rack up working in front of a computer all day and walking around our 800 square foot apartment. I've taken to stepping side-to-side while reading, doing dishes, cooking, watching TV, but haven't been able to get any extra steps in on visits to the bathroom--unless you figure in that sometimes the pedometer falls off my pants. I was reading out loud to Nicholas last night. My side-to-side stepping distracted him and gave me a headache, but it was worth a try! Pretty soon I am sure I will take "jogging in place" breaks from computer!

1 comment:

  1. You know what happens when you step side-to-side? "You scare people away!"

    ReplyDelete