Friday, February 20, 2009

Beware of the Plus

As part of the ShapeUp RI program I am doing, I am able to sign up for free classes all over RI. I went to a "Step Plus" class today. I have been to step classes before, and I currently attend one every Thursday night. The description of the class today said "some step experience required." We did 45 straight minutes of stepping, which is intense when you are trying to step, knee, kick, repeat, mambo, grapevine, shimmy, pendulum, and tap it out all at the right time. Then we did the killer squats and lateral raises with the step. Did I mention that I just went to a step class last night? Granted, last night was less intense than today. The combination was a nice butt-kicking experience.
On a side note, it is amazing how having a job where you sit in front of the computer is not conducive to racking up the steps on the pedometer! Come Spring, I will be outside all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment