Monday, February 11, 2013

This Crazy Life

A few moments of our crazy life via Facebook statuses:

  • Daddy's out of town and Carter's is having a whale of a sale
  • Hiking down Enchanted Rock while carrying an extra 32 pounds is much less strenuous than going up!
  • So tired I want to fall into bed, but it is covered in laundry. I wonder if I folded laundry somewhere else if it would ever get put away?
  • But Mama, but Mama, what if I made silly faces all the time? Would you still love me then?
  • If you made silly faces all the time, I would take lots of pictures, post them on your blog, and tell you, "I love you my silly-face making little boy!
  • Lil' D helped me make lunch today by sampling raw parsnips. He must be my son. :)
A few signs we have a little boy:
--running out into the rain to purposely get wet
--giggling (unprovoked) at bodily noises
--oh the hitting, biting, and head butting!
  • Exclaiming, "Where's Daddy?" bought me about 30 seconds in the shower but was invaluable to keeping the "noisy" car out of the bathtub! I cashed in my 30 second voucher twice today. I'm thinking I have maybe 2 more days before little boy gets wise to my antics.
  • Mmmmm summer fruit! We acquired 6 different varieties of stone fruit at the store today! Peaches, red plums, red plumcots, green plumcots, apricots, and mango nectarines.
  • I'm totally taking credit that my former babysitt--ee is now an awesome babysitter!
  • Today, Lil' D's standard response is "No-ah" instead of "Noooo." When I reply, "Noah built an ark," he laughs
  • Daddy has been gone for 10 hours...we have pulled weeds, vacuumed and dusted upstairs, made dinner, made Lil D's first sidewalk chalk drawing, took a bath to clean up sidewalk chalk drawing, one of us is asleep, and we made it through the day with only 438 toddler fits!
  • Lil' D has exponentially expanded his animal sound repertoire this week. We have gone from variations on dog barking to cow mooing, pig oinking, bee buzzing, cat meowing, chicken clucking and fireworks.
  • Lil' D hiked over a mile with Nicholas today and was only carried over the really rocky areas. Such a big boy!
Conversation the park yesterday:
Nicholas: "How old is your son?"
Other Dad: "21 months. Is yours about the same?"
Nicholas: "About. He's 18 months." (and 4 inches taller)
Later that evening:
Me: "Why do you ask other parents how old their kids are in comparison to Lil' D?"
Nicholas: "To make them feel like their genes are inferior.

  • Back from 5 glorious days in Cabo celebrating our 5 year anniversary, the wedding of the Combs', and a sort of honeymoon we never had. We enjoyed our adult time but sure did enjoy our nighttime kisses and cuddles from little boy tonight!
  • Very happy Nicholas is finally feeling better after being cruddy for several days. Now he can laugh at my "sickness is a sign of weakness" joke. In other news, Lil' D burst out with a new word in church today...Amen. He enjoyed sharing his new word with Auntie Liz.
  • I got kudos from Lil' D's preschool teacher yesterday for his awesome lunches. She said she wanted to take pictures of his lunches and send them home with other parents! It helps that Lil' D is an amazing eater!
  • Lil' D says "cheese" when I point the camera at him. My life is complete
  • "The bright spot to my absolutely awful week at work: Little boy's new favorite thing to do is say prayers! He folds his hands, sits quietly while we say a prayer and says Amen. Then he makes the sign for more so we can do it all again! It is the most precious thing in the world."
  • "Listening to the sweet giggles of a little boy learning the joys if rolling down a hill."
  • Lil' D has been searching for his sheep that goes to his Old MacDonald tractor all day. He was determined it was upstairs. Daddy looked and couldn't find it. Lil' D spent the evening walking around saying "No, Baaa" all evening. We looked all over. I finally looked under the couch and found it. I held it out to him, and he exclaimed, "BAAAAA!!!! Yeah, Baaaa!!!" and ran over to his tractor to promptly make the sheep Baaaa!"

No comments:

Post a Comment