Monday, February 18, 2013

A Year of Dates + January Date Night

Pinterest is my new best friend. Thanks to a "pin" I found around Christmas time, I put together what I think is the best present ever! I gave Nicholas a "Year of Dates." We have not been great about having regular date nights, and we have also not been so great about using gift cards that other people have given us! I culled through our stack of gifts cards, scoured Groupon for great deals, and racked my brain for creative date nights. The end result was one pre-planned, mostly pre-paid for date night.

For our January date night, we had tickets to the UT Men's basketball game versus West Virginia. This is the first year that West Virginia is in the Big XII. I went to the football game where we lost, and we also lost the basketball game! It was fun, anyway, though. So much fun that while we were at the game, I bought tickets to a family Saturday game to take Lil' D! The attendance at the game was sparse, and as we walked in to find out seats we spotted an older couple from church. We ended up sitting next to them, and watching them enjoy the game was almost as entertaining as the game itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment