Sunday, January 15, 2012

2012 Pursuits

I've never been a fan of New Year's Resolutions, and I feel that "resolution" has a very negative connotation because so many people make unrealistic ones that are doomed to fail. I also think people need to be more original in their resolutions. I often avoid the gym in the month of January because of New Year's resolutions! I don't think it is a bad idea to start the New Year with some new goals. So this year, I have some goals or pursuits. It would be nice to do this every year and reflect/revise/add new goals at the end of every year.

1. Plan and Save for kitchen renovations--We are not living in our forever home, and we have already decided that before we look at selling our house we need to do some kitchen renovations. I say, why not do them now so we can enjoy the kitchen, especially since we spend so much time there? Nicholas and I both have a lot of ideas, so I want to start writing them down, researching options and looking for deals. I feel that we have made so many reactive changes to the house and would really like to start making proactive changes!

2. Learn to cook with more of the food I want Lil' D to eat. I want Lil' D to be a "foodie" snob like his mom. There are so many foods that are jam packed with vitamins and minerals that I have really never eaten because I don't know how to cook them. I want to learn to cook with more foods like beets, quinoa, kale, and brussels sprouts. I like variety and want my family to, as well.

3. Let Nicholas do more. It may surprise you to know that I take on a lot of responsiblity. I have so many things I want to do...cook lots of food, make my own bread, homemade chicken broth, make creative finger food for Lil' D, blog, make scrapbooks, do needlepoint, and take pictures. There are also so many things that go into running a house with an 11 month old. I try to do it all and the reality is that is just not possible since what I really want to do most is enjoy my baby. I need to allow Nicholas to do things around the house without feeling bad that he is having to do it or I am not doing it and NOT try to tell him how to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment