Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2011 Recap

After an usually busy December, we find ourselves thrust into 2012. There will be more posts about Christmas, but here I will pause to reflect on 2011.

January
We spent January preparing for baby! Nicholas was busy with the TSE jewelry project and spent long hours in his studio. We were blessed with two baby showers!

February
We celebrated Nicholas' 30th birthday, and we became parents. We spent the month of February experiencing life with a newborn and pretty much only leaving the house to go to the doctor. We had lots of visitors excited to meet Lil' D.

March
We started taking Lil' D out and about. We made our first visit to church, took Lil' D hunting for bluebonnets and enjoyed his first smile. Nicholas was very busy preparing for his shows in April. Lil' D and I spent a lot of time together, just the two of us.

April
I turned 30. We had more visitors, and took our first road trip to Dallas. Nicholas had two very successful art shows, and finally got to spend some more time at home with Lil' D and I. Nicholas and I had our first night out away from Lil' D.

May
I enjoyed my first Mother's Day and hosted the first annual Mother's Day Muffin Mixer. We took our first airplane trip with Lil' D to Colorado for Jeremy's graduation from Colorado State University. We had lots more visitors and celebrated Lil' D's baptism.

June
We took another road trip to Dallas and met new people. Nicholas had a great Father's Day, and Lil' D went swimming, something he loved! Lil' D also attended his first and second weddings in the same weekend.

July
We flew to Alabama to visit my aunts. Lil' D started eating solid foods! I was hot hot hot in Texas.

August
We took another road trip to Dallas and met more new people. Lil' D started crawling and pulling up to stand! Lil' D attended his third wedding. It was dreadfully hot in Texas!

September
We flew to Santa Fe to visit Nicholas' aunt and uncle. It was still dreadfully hot in Texas. We had family visitors from Dallas and Alabama. We all attended my cousin Chris' wedding. Nicholas and I started teaching Sunday School.

October
Lil' D's first Halloween! We spent a lot of time at church, teaching Sunday School and enjoying family events. We had many pumpkin photo shoots, enjoying the hint of Fall in the air and lots of time at the park. I changed jobs and Nicholas and I spent our first night away from Lil' D.

November
Lil' D and I made our first solo road trip to Dallas. He slept the whole way there and back. He woke up the morning after with his first stomach bug! Lil' D enjoyed his first Thanksgiving and some of his favorite foods--pumpkin, squash, and turkey. We took another trip to Dallas as a family.

December
Oh so many firsts! There were lots of Christmas presents, Christmas decorating, and tree hunting. We made an impromptu visit to Dallas for my Granddaddy's funeral. We stayed in Austin for Christmas and did lots of celebrating. traveled to Dallas the weekend of New Year's to spend Christmas with my family. Lil' D became an expert gift unwrapper!

No comments:

Post a Comment