Friday, December 9, 2011

The Winds of Change

The winds of change have been blowing around here. Obviously, with a baby, there is always change, but here I am talking about different life changing events. In September I found out my job was changing, and the future was uncertain. After that, there was a little pouting, a little action, and a lot of praying. God does provide. Within a few weeks a permanent job was available for me, and in the mean time I worked on a temporary project. Of course, everything is busy and crazy when you start a new job, and here there was no exception. Things have calmed down temporarily but will ramp up just before Christmas. Hooray!
In addition to job changes and baby fun, Nicholas and I have both committed to being more involved in our church. We both joined  committees in August--Worship and Music for Nicholas and Child and Family for me. We both also teach Sunday School---middle school for Nicholas and 1-3 year olds for me. I was recently elected to Church Council, so for three years, I will be very busy with that. I am also a 7th grade Confirmation mentor.
Needless to say, our Sundays are pretty busy. Lil' D has been enjoying going to Sunday School with Mommy. Luckily, my class is only 30 minutes instead of an hour like Nicholas' class (though all the middle schoolers and high schoolers LOVE Lil' D).
Nicholas and I are both incredibly blessed that for most of Lil' D's first year, we have both been able to spend so much time with him. We pray that 2012 brings new opportunities for both of us to further our careers but still continue to enjoy our family together.

No comments:

Post a Comment