Thursday, December 22, 2011

December Happenings

Our December calendar was packed full of events before the after Thanksgiving meal nap. I have been busy working. After Nicholas recovered from the EAST Austin Studio tours, he has been hanging out with Lil' D, doing some much needed stuff around the house (more on that in another post), and helping to get ready for Christmas. We have both been very busy at church with Sunday school, church council, and youth events. We took Lil' D to the Christmas Party for his second visit with Santa. He's not too sure about Santa.
We went to my work Christmas Party. Aunt La La played with Lil' D. It was nice to go out just the two of us, something we have not done lately. AND we have a picture of just the two of us!
I was also helping with the Church Christmas pageant again this year. Unfortunately, I missed the pageant due to an impromptu trip to Dallas. My grandfather passed away on Friday at the age of 84. It was a small funeral, mostly just family, and I gave the eulogy. I will miss the way his face lit up when he saw me, even when he couldn't remember exactly who I was.
After coming back to Austin mid-week, I have been busy catching up at work. We are scrambling to finish getting ready for Christmas. I am hoping to get to some holiday baking this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment